The County of San Mateo is seeking proposals to implement a multifaceted Scope of Work including establishment of a countywide Climate Collaborative, analysis of vulnerability to climate change impacts and preparation of Climate Change Preparedness and Adaptation Guidance Document(s). This Project will assist the County and cities in San Mateo County better understand climate-related vulnerabilities, advance climate change adaptation planning, and mainstream adaptation measures for local plans, policies, operations and projects. This Project will also enable the County to continue sea level rise adaptation planning and coordination efforts through the Sea Change SMC Initiative and expand the County’s adaptation planning efforts to address, evaluate, and prepare for other climate change impacts, such as heat, wildfire, and precipitation.
The Project has five components that the consultant will be responsible for implementing:
1. Establish and facilitate a Countywide Climate Collaborative
2. Provide community engagement on climate adaptation
3. Develop a sea level rise adaptation planning toolkit
4. Conduct a climate vulnerability assessment and assist with resiliency planning (CalTrans SB1 Grant)
5. Meet basic ongoing requirements related to project management, reporting, and invoicing
Organizations or individuals interested in responding to this solicitation must register and submit the proposals online through the County of San Mateo Public Purchase website.